Troubleshoot Tuesday: Web Monitoring and Safe Searching
With so many of our customers having families, it is important that young and curious eyes are only seeing safe material! In this Troubleshoot Tuesday you’ll learn how to set up web monitoring as well as the OpenDNS FamilyShield, which together will work seamlessly with your VPN Router and VPN. So now you can have secure, safe, and family oriented internet browsing!
1. Make sure you are logged into the router at 192.168.199.1.
2. Go to Advanced > Administrative > Logging.
3. Enable Web Monitoring. From this point you can disable monitoring on some computers or devices if needed.
4. Press Save.
5. Go to System > Web Usage
6. From that page you can see the last pages accessed and the last web searches from each computer and even download the full list if needed.
7. Next we need to set up the OpenDNS FamilyShield on the router. More information about the OpenDNS FamilyShield can be found here: http://blog.opendns.com/2010/06/23/introducing-familyshield-parental-controls/
8. Go to Network > Basic
9. For the OpenDNS FamilyShield you will need to use the DNS Severs 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199. The go to the bottom of the page and save.
Now, once everything has been saved, it may be best to do some testing. You should reach a page such as this:
You can finally rest assured that what your family is looking at on the web is safe and secure! Have more technical questions about your VPN Router by Sabai Technology? You can always reach our technical support department at firstname.lastname@example.org! If you have suggestions for what you’d like to see in future Troubleshoot Tuesdays, let us know in comments!